Although burning candles brings relaxation and comfort, their open flame can be hazardous when not monitored properly. We want to make sure that you burn your candles happily and safely, so please read the guidelines we have outlined below!
1. First and foremost. Trim. Your. Wick!
2. Recenter your wick when needed! If the wick shifts (which is not uncommon towards the end of candle life) be sure to fix it!
3. Burning your candle for the first time….
The first time you light up a new candle, let it burn for a couple of hours until the pool of wax reaches the edge of the glass. If you don't, you run the risk of burning straight down the center of the candle and missing out on precious hours of fabulous fragrance.
4. That being said, don't burn your candle for too long either!
3-4 hours is plenty of time to fill your home with the scents you love. Any longer and your candle may get too hot and the wick may get too long. Put that flame out and let your candle solidify before trimming and lighting again.
5. Burn in a safe environment.
Place your candles on non-flammable, heat-resistant surfaces and never leave a burning candle unattended. Also, be aware that placing a hot candle on a cool surface like marble or glass may cause the vessel to crack.
It may seem like a lot for candle care, but trust us, these little tips are going to make you and your wax happy :)